Click on the link below to register for the 2015 NRBC season. Be certain to select the CURRENT grade level your child is in for the 2014-2015 school year when prompted to select grade level. "In the fall = fall of 2014".
Grade Level = 2014-2015 School Year
|Grade Level||Play Level||Cost|
|Boys and Girls in 4K/Kindergarten||T-Ball||$55|
|Boys and Girls in 1st Grade||Coach Pitch||$65|
|Boys and Girls in 2nd Grade||Machine Pitch||$75|
|Boys and Girls in 3rd and 4th Grade||Minor League||$85|
|Boys and Girls in 5th and 6th Grade||Major League||$95|
|Boys and Girls in 7th and 8th Grade||Babe Ruth||$105|
What does my registration fee for traveling teams provide?
Jersey, hat, league fees (MBL/Gopher State), tournament fees, field preparations, umpires, and equipment needs.
Contact Erin Seckora, NRBC treasurer, with any questions regarding fees or financial needs.
NRBC Mission Statement: The NRBC believes in generating and sustaining a passion for baseball in all children that emphasizes developmentally appropriate learning of the fundamental skills necessary to create a successful experience for all players.
Visit the administration page and click 'financials' to view a line item breakdown of how registration fees are spent at each level within the NRBC.
The NRBC has received many different communications from parents concerning their perceptions of the traveling program. The following are some of the most-often cited concerns/ mis-perceptions that parents have about traveling baseball with the NRBC:
1. Myth: If my child plays traveling baseball, we will be playing baseball every weekend all summer. This is FALSE- traveling teams generally play in their home tournament and 2-3 away tournaments each season. The away tournaments are often 'local' (within driving distance) with one tournament that may require a hotel stay. League games are also generally scheduled during the week.
2. Myth: If my child plays traveling baseball, we are going to have to drive hours to play baseball. This is FALSE- the leagues that our traveling teams play in are based out of the Twin Cities, which means approximately 45 minutes for the longest drive (i.e. Stillwater/Woodbury/etc). Many of our teams play league games in Baldwin, River Falls, Hudson, Somerset, and Menomonie.
3. Myth: The fees are so high that the NRBC uses the Traveling program as a fund-raiser. This is FALSE- the NRBC pays league fees (see financial reports for specific numbers), tournament fees, and umpire fees for each of the travel levels which is absorbed by the registration fee. Like the In House program, this fee provides for a jersey/hat and basic equipment needs. Players provide their own bats, gloves, batting helmets, pants, and cleats.
4. Myth: Coaches for the Traveling Program are paid. This is FALSE- the coaches for all traveling teams are volunteers.
5. Myth: The traveling players who make the team one season are guaranteed placement on the team the next season. This is FALSE- all players are required to tryout each fall and spring. The nine top scores from the fall tryout are named to the team at that time. The three remaining spots are filled after the spring tryout- we conduct a spring tryout to account for all of the growth players may have physically and skill-wise through the winter months.
We need to know!
You must pre-register for tryouts this spring by March 27, 2015. Complete a brief survey found here or on the 'traveling' team page to pre-register.
Get all of your gear here! Orders will be processed between now and April 27, 2015. Items are shipped immediately and proceeds directly benefit the NRBC.
Use store codes based on sizing.
Youth storefront code: OFMWNRB2
Adult storefront code: OFMWNRB3
All players in grades 4-8 who would like to play for a traveling team must register for tryouts this spring. We need a clear picture of exactly how many of your players want to play traveling baseball to know whether or not we should register a second team at each age level. If possible, we will register one AA team and one A team wherever numbers allow. Unfortunately, the deadline for registering teams is before our tryouts have concluded; consequently, we need everyone to pre-register for the spring tryout to give us an idea of the numbers we are dealing with. Regarding Babe Ruth- the NRBC board has decided we must offer the in house option for 7th and 8th grade players, but stress the desire to add a second U13 and U14 team this season. This form will allow us to gauge interest in traveling from all grade levels. Register by March 27, 2015.
May 16th is Baseball Day in New Richmond! Schedules and Photo Forms will be posted by mid-April and sent out through coaches and team managers. More details coming soon!
The Minors/Majors year end tournament is tentatively scheduled for July 17-19th weekend. There is no word yet from our Babe Ruth league directors on their year end tournament.
Sunday March 29, 2015 and Sunday April 12, 2015 we will conduct our spring traveling tryouts! Details on times will be posted as the dates approach. We encourage all players interested in trying out to attend the open gyms scheduled through March. If your player was not named to a traveling team in the fall, please register as if they will be playing In-House this season. We will make adjustments once tryout results are posted. Cross your fingers that the weather cooperates!
Early registration for the NRBC will begin February 1, 2015 and run throughout the month. Regular registration for the NRBC will begin March 1, 2015 and run throughout the month. Late Registration for the NRBC will begin April 1, 2015 and end April 15, 2015.
Tier 1 U16AA Champions!
MBL U11AA Tier One Champions!
MBL U12AA Tier Three Champions!!
Congratulations NR Black Babe Ruth Team! They earned second place in their year end tournament!
Congratulations Minors League Champions the Diamondbacks!